- You will get Bali Belly, not only in Bali, Indonesia but in at least one other country
- You will think, at least once, that you are on the verge of dying while on an overnight bus ride.
- also while on a tuk tuk, taxi, minivan, motorbike, boat, train, ferry, plane or any other sort of transportation.
- You will get templed out in at least one country. But then will go to yet another temple and be amused.
- You will have scrapped/bandaged legs/arms from a motorbike accident or at least meet 3 other people that do. But then you will still ride a motorbike because the freedom and scenery are unbeatable.
- You will meet crazy fun people in one country and will bump into them again and again in other countries. They will become your friends.
- You will experience the most beautiful sunrises.
- and sunsets, so many sunsets.
- You will experience at least one of the following animals in the wild: monkeys, elephants, tigers, mantarays, flying foxes, water buffalos.
- You will get body massages often and wonder how would you afford it when you get back home.
- You will eat lots of banana/nutella pancakes.
- You will lay on many hammocks, and swear you’ll get one for your home.
- You will either get offered bugs to eat, eat a bug, or ask for seconds while eating bugs.
- You will see turquoise, picture perfect beaches that will make you feel part of a pretty postcard.
- You won’t want to come back
4 thoughts on “15 Things No One Tells You About Traveling Southeast Asia”
QUEEEE???? Comiste tarantulas???! EWWWWW jajaja..
Haha yes my dear… And from the bugs I tried in this trip (red ants, scorpion,tarantulas) tarantulas were my favorite.. Hence I had seconds!
Thanks Lina, I really enjoyed reading this! I’m ready to do it again! Haha.